Dell EMC is committed to being a Clean Air Champion by being socially responsible. While doing “less bad” is critical, Dell EMC is taking action to do more good, by strengthening our communities and benefitting our environment.
Our "Legacy of Good" Goals include reducing our Greenhouse gas emissions by 50% before 2020 as well as developing and maintaining sustainability initiatives in our workplace. We are committed to achieving these goals by:
- Choosing our new building site based on its next door proximity to the Vista Frontrunner station
- Heavily subsidizing employee UTA Eco-Passes by 80%
- Installing 8 Electric Vehicle charging stations for our employees
- Rewarding carpooling and low-emissions vehicles with front row parking
- Providing a secure indoor shelter for 38 bikes
- Displaying the Air Quality forecast with tips on how to help on our digital signage
- Having an idle-free campus
- Offering alternative schedules and work-from-home options on bad air quality days
- Encouraging use of Travel Wise to combine trips
- Offering a 1 month free trial Eco-Pass for employees to try mass transit
Mass transit usage of Dell EMC employees avoided 695,410 miles on Utah roads and saved 3 tons of CO2 emissions for 2016.
Story and pictures provided by Windie Darrington, Business Operations at Dell EMC.